The Week from 12th to 19th March 2023 where I went from the great brother war to building an empire
After 2 failed attempts to get the ICY Dock to work under Arch and Manjaro I gave up and sent them back
I had to run multiple Ansible playbooks depending on groups; so I couldn’t use
include_tasksbut had to use
import_playbook. Quite handy.
I have to use YAML anchors more often: handy link https://www.howtogeek.com/devops/how-to-simplify-docker-compose-files-with-yaml-anchors-and-extensions/
Posts I read
- https://two-wrongs.com/emptying-the-dishwasher-with-systems-theory.html | One-Time-Efforts do nothing against rate of flow, but are important steps from not-caring to caring. But the rate of flow wins in the end. Bad-Thing Example: More Bug-Reports in the System then anyone can handle. Good-Thing Example: Small incremental improvements outpace a submodule rewrite. In the dishwasher example, there is a changing point (dishwasher is empty), where the system changes from a bad state (dishes pile up on the counter) to a neutral state (dishes in the dishwasher). It is crucial to get a system to this point. But, all is lost if the dishes are just piled on the counter and are not transferred quickly enough into the dishwasher. The system won’t change then. Rate of flow wins.
- https://two-wrongs.com/underrated-technique-sampling.html | Estimates and standard deviation; ah, this is why I needed to learn this stuff in uni
- https://social.tchncs.de/@GambaJo/110020784186789872 | Velocipastor (Movie)
- https://github.com/npmaile/blog/blob/main/posts/3.%20The%20Secret%20World%20of%20Programmers.md | I can relate to every example in here: “You can do it in three lines of code”; “yeah I am not a hacker like you”
Books I read
- The End and Death Vol 1 | Yeah Warhammer 40k literature is my guilty pleasure
- Buy back your time | This book made me understand that I don’t need to hire someone to fill a technical role but to get things off my plate; this can also be someone who folds my shirts ;)
There is no comment system. If you want to contact me about this article, you can do so via e-mail or Mastodon.